Things Aren’t “Appearing”
This may be an eclectic grouping of information, but if things don’t seem to be showing up for you – in any capacity – this is where you’ll find information on getting that stuff sorted out. Everything from information not showing up in your Marketplace profile to statistically information missing from your listings. It’s all here.
We are not yet ready to display your website publicly in the directory due to our current network volume. We have to maintain a careful balance of inventory in the marketplace and will move approved sites into the public marketplace as we have advertisers to match with your website. Until then, you are still able to utilize the software, and take advantage of our tools.
Note: Your website will not appear in the directory if you do not have ‘website’ zones set up. For example, if you only have mobile zones set up, then your website will not appear in the main directory. It will only appear in search results after a user has selected to see mobile ads in the search filter.
This is easy – you can upload your own! Simply load your website and take a screenshot of it.
For the best results, resize the screenshot dimensions to be 640×480 pixels. Don’t worry if you don’t know how, as our system will automatically resize it for you when you upload it.
Log in to your account via BuySellAds, click on your email address at the top right of the page, and click “Dashboard.” Click the “Property Settings” tab and you’ll see a spot to upload your screenshot in the right sidebar.
How to take a screenshot:
- Press Alt + Print Screen to capture a screenshot of the single, active window.
- Open the Paint application, and go to “Edit > Paste” to paste your screenshot.
- Crop the image and save it.
- Press Command + Shift + 4 to bring up crosshairs.
- Click and drag to cover the area you’d like included in the screenshot. When you let go, the screenshot will be taken.
- Open the Finder window, click on “desktop” and sort by newest. You’ll see your screenshot there. You can rename it by double-clicking on the file name.
The approval form is not accepting my domain. It is saying it is invalid or that it cannot resolve the URL.
This can be caused by the following:
- Your website was down when trying to submit which is why our system could not resolve the URL. We are not able to accept websites for review that are not working at the time of submission.
- Your website is not accessible for both http://yourdomain.com and http://www.yourdomain.com. You will need to ensure that your domain is also accessible when you type your domain without the “www” present in the URL.
There are a few things that may be causing this to happen:
- Ensure that you have the checkbox next to “RSS Subscribers” checked on the Property Settings page for your site. You can find this by logging in via BuySellAds.com, clicking your email address at the top right of the page, and clicking “Dashboard.” You’ll see the “Property Settings” tab on this page. If the checkbox is unchecked, check it, and then click on the “Refresh Public Stats” button.
- You will want to be sure that your Feedburner RSS URL is typed correctly in the “Feedburner Feed URL” field on the Property Settings page.
Our system updates these stats automatically, but you can force a stats refresh by logging in via BuySellAds, clicking on your email address at the top of the page, and selecting “Dashboard.”
Click on the “Property Settings” tab. On this page, scroll down to the RSS / Twitter stats area near the checkboxes for your Stats options. Click on the “force a refresh” link in that paragraph to update them, as presented in the example below.
The report you generated is from the Advertiser dashboard, and this is for ads that have been purchased by you. If you have not purchased any ads as an advertiser, then this report will be blank. Although you can go to your Transactions, and in the top right corner, you will see “Export to CSV” to export your transactions.
There are a few causes of this:
1. The ad you approved was an alternate image for an existing ad, and not a new ad that was just sold. The email that you received to approve this ad said:
“Action Required: An Advertiser updated an ad”
This means an existing advertiser added a new image to their rotation, so no money was accepted and a new space was not used for a new advertiser. Advertisers have the option to upload multiple ad images to their campaign on your site, and each time they upload a creative, you are asked to approve or deny it. They also have the ability to pause and start certain ad images that rotate within the space they purchased on your site. This is also why you may not see some ads that have been approved (if the advertiser paused a creative temporarily).
2. Your ad code may not be installed properly, or is missing. If any part of your ad code is installed incorrectly or if the ad zone is missing from your code that the sold ad is supposed to appear in, then ads in that zone will not display on your site.
To check whether your code is installed properly, log in to your account via BuySellAds.com. Click on your email address at the top of the page and click “Dashboard.” You’ll see your sites and ad zones listed here. Click the “Actions” drop-down menu next to the zone where the ad should be running, and select “Ad Code.” You’ll see a link in the right sidebar of this page that says “Check that your ad code is installed correctly.” Click this link.