Getting started with a BuySellAds account is pretty simple (just follow the form prompts), but on occasion we deny some publications from our platform. The majority of the time, these publications have just mis-filed their applications. Below are the list of reasons why most publications get an original denial email.
Before submitting your publications for inclusion in our Marketplace, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 50,000-page impressions per month
- Exhibit overall quality
- Have original and consistently updated content
- Be in a niche that our advertisers show interest in buying placements for online.
If you meet the criteria mentioned above, but were denied access to the Marketplace, you may want to keep reading the content in this guide. We’ll outline the most common questions below, and suggest a couple of things you can do to get your publication approved in the future.
We use a lot of factors to determine whether or not a site is a great match for our network, outside of the ones briefly mentioned above. The topical nature of a site, as well as a site’s ad sizes, traffic, social media activity, and other variables all play a role in our approval process. But, in the end, it all comes down to advertiser demand. We know what our advertisers are looking for, and we know what we’re best at selling. There wouldn’t be a point of accepting publications that fall outside of our advertising reach.
Currently, we only want to work with sites that we know are a perfect fit for the Marketplace. Unfortunately, this also means that some may be denied based on niche and targeted audience. If our advertisers aren’t targeting your niche, it won’t be a great fit for our Marketplace. Nothing personal.
In many cases, a website is declined because we do not feel that we have enough advertisers for your specific niche, or it might be that your website does not have enough traffic yet.
Here are some guidelines and tips that may assist you in improving your website – not only for ad network approval but for the overall quality of your site in general:
- Your website should exist on its own domain and not a subdomain of a blog or website service. Examples include Blogger, WordPress, etc…
- Your website should have a clean and professional design that is user-friendly and not cluttered or chaotic.
- Your website should be free of errors.
- Your website should have real, established traffic with at least 50,000-page impressions per month. If a publisher registers a domain and then quickly uses a service to purchase bulk / false clicks to increase page impressions for the purpose of selling ads, the site would be rejected. (These unethical traffic practices also have a very negative effect on domains and future interactions with ad networks, so establishing traffic in this manner should never be considered for any website.)
- Your website should not already have an abundance of ads. The more ads on your site, the less exclusivity you have to offer.
- Your website should be updated regularly with unique content. If you submit a blog and have only posted a few blog posts so far, then your website would not be accepted because it does not yet have enough content (and more than likely, not enough traffic yet).
After your website is accepted to our network, you will need to set up ad zones and install them on your website so that our system can start tracking impressions. It takes at least 24 hours before any impressions appear on BuySellAds.com, and it can take 4-5 days for more accurate numbers to appear.
Once our system has started collecting data, we’ll track your impressions month to month, and this number will automatically update on your site’s marketplace listing.
It usually takes about two business days to receive a response from our approvals team, but it can sometimes take a bit longer due to high frequencies of incoming applications.