Carbon Network FAQ
Our network is invite-only. We curate both publishers and advertisers. If you would like your site considered, read on for more details.
Several factors are reviewed when considering requests to join the network.
- We look at how relevant our ads will be to your audience.
- We look at your average number of monthly page views.
- We look at whether your site is actively maintained.
- We look at whether there is a vacancy in the network.
- We look at your ability to comply with our terms of service.
No. We are a single display ad per page network. By accepting an invitation, you are entering into an exclusive partnership.
The advertisement must be visible within 3x of the mobile viewport height, starting from the top of the mobile browser. An iPhone 6, with a viewport height of 375 pixels, needs to have advertisement visible within 1125 pixels from the top of the browser. The ratio is the same for both portrait and landscape views.
The general principle is that the site visitors should be able to view the ad with only one-tap scroll. Optionally, you can choose to prevent the ad from loading when viewed on mobile site.
We pay by number of ad impressions served, but take your audience engagement rate (CTR) into consideration as we strive to maintain a high level of performance across the network.
Our payment model is a 60/40 revenue split. This means the exact rate (CPM) used when determining your earnings will fluctuate each month within a set range, unless specified otherwise.
By the 15th of each month, you will receive payment for ad impressions served the previous month if you have met the minimum earnings threshold.
Our default payment method is PayPal, but earnings can be automatically transferred to your BuySellAds account so as to take advantage of additional payment options like Wire Transfer or Check.
Each month, we sell a number of impressions to advertisers. If the number of impressions sold is less than the number of impressions that can be served by the network, once all Paid Impressions have been delivered, house ads will display instead of the standard grey “Advertise here” placeholder. When this occurs, our network has less than a 100% Fill Rate. Daily stats are viewable in the dashboard.
You can also replace the house ads with your own custom fallback banner to promote your own products or affiliate banners.
To understand a discrepancy between page views and ad impressions, there are several factors to take into consideration, including the following:
- Is the ad tag installed on every page of your site?
- Website analytics reporting is not 100% accurate.
- Bots account for as much as 80% of website traffic.
- Ad blockers.
- Settings that interfere with the loading of our ads.
- Other utilities that prevent our script from executing.
- Leaving a page before the ad loads.
For these reasons, page views and ad impressions are unlikely to exactly match.