BuySellAds Content Portal

BuySellAds Commission Rates

Last Updated on July 11, 2019

Yes, we take a commission from all advertising sales on your publication, but it probably doesn’t work the way you may be assuming it does. In fact,there’s a good chance we’re the best in the business when it comes to the rates we do charge for our services. Below is a list of information about our commission rates and our charges. Give it a read.

What is your commission fee for ad sales?

We receive 25% of each ad sale, and you receive the remaining 75%. Our fee is lower than many other ad networks, and it covers the cost of many tasks and features, such as:

  • Reliable Ad Serving Technology
  • An extensive Advertiser and Publisher Dashboard to be able to see ad stats and sales information, etc
  • Advertisers upload their own creative for ads through our website so you don’t have to upload anything manually for your advertisers (as you may have done before using an ad service)
  • Troubleshooting and answering tickets from your advertisers so you don’t have to
  • A waiting list feature. When your ads are sold out in a zone, we automatically notify all advertisers on the waiting list once a spot opens up in that zone again
  • Fraud protection
  • Payment handling and processing
  • Payment handling fees
  • Making ad sales quick and easy for your advertisers
  • The possibility to receive sales from recommendations from our sales team
  • The potential to be displayed in our marketplace directory which is visited by thousands of people each month
  • Time Saver. The only thing you really need to do when using our service is to approve or deny ad sales that come through for your website (and cashout your earnings). That’s it!
  • We also offer an On-Site Shopping Cart where publishers keep 85% rather than the usual 75% for all purchases going through this shopping cart tool. For more information, please head on over to the On-Site Shopping Cart page.

I just sold an ad, but the amount pending is less than the price of the ad. Why is this?

We take a flat 25% commission from each ad sale to cover the cost of managing your ads, running a sales team, answering support requests, and maintaining the BuySellAds.com application.

The amount that you see in your account for the sale of the ad is the amount after the 25% is taken out.

I recently sold an ad, but the amount I made from the sale was removed / refunded in full soon after the purchase, even after the ad had already served for a short time. What happened?

This is usually the result of one of the following situations:

1. Fraudulent / Scam Transactions: Unfortunately some sales end up being fraudulent / scam transactions. We try to catch these as quickly as possible, and in most cases we can catch them before the ad is ever approved. Although some can slip through the approval stage, and when the fraudulent transaction is discovered (usually within 1-2 business days), we have to fully reverse the sale, which may include payment for impressions or days already served, although this is rare since most of these transactions are caught very quickly.

2. Paypal or Credit Card Payment Disputes: Most issues are brought to our attention directly, and we can work with the advertiser to save the sale if there is something they are concerned about regarding their campaign on your website. Although if an advertiser goes directly to their credit card company and/or Paypal to dispute the charge, there is a chance that the sale may be fully reversed. We try to fight these disputes the best that we can, but unfortunately the bank or Paypal makes the final decision in these cases. This is also a rare occurrence, but it can happen.

In summary, our goal is to make sure that you get paid for what you sell, and that transactions are fair for publishers and advertisers. We will always do our best to try and identify fraudulent transactions as quickly as possible, and to respond to any disputes in the best way that we can.